NOTE: The following frequently asked questions (FAQs) are qualified by the full RewardsPlus terms and conditions at mrrewardsplus.com/terms.html.
1. What is RewardsPlus?
RewardsPlus is a partnership between Marriott BonvoyTM and United MileagePlus® that offers enhanced benefits.
United MileagePlus members receive:
- Complimentary Gold Elite status with Marriott Bonvoy (open to MileagePlus Premier® Gold members and above, registration required)
- Ability to convert MileagePlus award miles into Marriott Bonvoy points at a 1:1 ratio (open to Premier Silver members and above, registration not required)
- 10% bonus of MileagePlus miles when converting Marriott Bonvoy points into MileagePlus miles (open to all members, registration not required), plus a bonus of 5,000 miles for every 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points converted
Marriott Bonvoy members receive:
- Complimentary Premier Silver status with United MileagePlus (open to Marriott Titanium Elite members and above, registration required)
- 10% MileagePlus miles bonus when converting Marriott Bonvoy points into MileagePlus miles (open to all members, registration not required), plus a 5,000 miles bonus for every 60,000 Loyalty Program points converted
Eligible members can register for complimentary status at getrewardsplus.com.
2. Why is MileagePlus partnering with Marriott Bonvoy?
Marriott's global network of more than 6,700 hotels and resorts aligns with United's comprehensive global network, meeting the needs of travelers. This partnership enhances the travel experience and adds more value to MileagePlus and Marriott Bonvoy members.
3. What status levels are offered through RewardsPlus?
- For MileagePlus Premier Gold members and above, the RewardsPlus program offers complimentary Gold Elite status with Marriott Bonvoy (registration required). The status is valid for the remainder of the calendar year in which the status is granted. United MileagePlus members who have trial Premier Gold or above due to a MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge program are not eligible for RewardsPlus complimentary status.
- For Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite members and above, the RewardsPlus program offers complimentary Premier Silver status with United MileagePlus (registration required). The status is valid for the remainder of the calendar year in which the status is granted. Marriott Bonvoy members who have temporary Titanium Elite or above due to a Taste of Elite program are not eligible for RewardsPlus complimentary status.
4. What are the benefits of Gold Elite status?
The benefits of Gold Elite status1 include:
- Complimentary enhanced Wi-Fi1
- Gold Welcome Gift
- 2 p.m. Late Checkout (based on availability)
- Enhanced Room Upgrade (varies by brand, based upon availability at check-in, suites excluded)
- 25% bonus points on stays
- Member rates
- Ultimate Reservation Guarantee
- Dedicated Elite reservation line
1Benefits vary by hotel. Room upgrades and other benefits are offered when and where available. For more information on Gold Elite status, visit marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits/gold.mi.
5. What are the benefits of MileagePlus Premier Silver status?
The benefits of MileagePlus Premier Silver status2 include:
- Complimentary access to Economy Plus® seating at check-in (when available)
- Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmations as early as day of departure (when available)
- Premier Access® travel services, which include designated ticket counter check-in lines, priority security lines, priority boarding and priority baggage handling (where available)
- One complimentary checked bag (70 lbs. (32 kg)) for travel within the U.S.
- Two complimentary checked bags (70 lbs. (32 kg) each) for travel between the U.S. and Europe
- Seven (7) award miles for every dollar spent on United flights
2For more information on MileagePlus Premier Silver status, visit united.com/premier.
6. Does a customer have to be a member of United MileagePlus and Marriott Bonvoy to participate in RewardsPlus?
Yes. Customers can join MileagePlus at mileageplus.com and Marriott Bonvoy at marriott.com/loyalty/createAccount/createAccountPage1.mi.
7. Is RewardsPlus open to members who live outside the United States?
Yes. Members of United MileagePlus and Marriott Bonvoy, regardless of where they live, can participate in RewardsPlus.
8. How do members register for RewardsPlus?
- United MileagePlus members who have Premier Gold status or higher and Marriott Bonvoy members who have Titanium Elite status or higher can register at getrewardsplus.com.
- On the website, members can sign in with their member number and password.
- The site will display the corresponding Marriott Bonvoy account or MileagePlus number. If the corresponding number is not found, the site will prompt to enter the number.
- Members must accept the terms and conditions of the program for their request to be processed.
- The updated status will be reflected in the account in 7-10 days. Members can expect membership credentials to arrive in 4-6 weeks.
9. Do members who receive MileagePlus Premier Silver status through the RewardsPlus program have the same benefits as other Premier Silver members?
Yes. However, the complimentary Premier Silver status provided through RewardsPlus is valid only for the remainder of the calendar year in which the status was granted (not including the following calendar year). RewardsPlus eligibility criteria for complimentary status may vary from year to year, and members must meet the criteria each year to be eligible and register their request for complimentary status through RewardsPlus.
10. Do members who receive Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status through the RewardsPlus program have the same benefits as other Gold Elite members?
Yes. However, the complimentary Gold Elite status provided through RewardsPlus is valid only for the remainder of the calendar year in which the status was granted (not including the following calendar year). RewardsPlus eligibility criteria for complimentary status may vary from year to year, and members must meet the criteria each year to be eligible and register their request for complimentary status through RewardsPlus.
11. Once a member has complimentary MileagePlus Premier Silver status, can the member reach a higher Premier status?
Yes, but only by reaching all published qualification requirements. For full qualification details, visit united.com/premier.
12. Once a member has complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status, can the member reach a higher Elite status?
Yes, but only by reaching all published qualification requirements. For example, to reach Platinum Elite, a member must stay 50 nights. For full qualification details, visit marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits/platinum.mi.
13. If I already have Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status or higher and United MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?
No. Please note that the website will accept a registration, but the status will not change. It is not necessary to register for RewardsPlus to receive the miles and points benefits offered through the program.
14. If I registered and was granted complimentary MileagePlus Premier Silver status through RewardsPlus and have re-qualified for Titanium Elite status or higher for the following year, will I need to re-register my request for complimentary Premier Silver status for the following year?
No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary MileagePlus Premier Silver status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for Titanium Elite status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary MileagePlus Premier Silver status for the following calendar year.
15. If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re-qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold status or higher for the following year, will I need to re-register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?
No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.
16. Can Titanium Elite members use their membership cards at the airport to enjoy the benefits of Premier Silver?
No. Eligible Marriott Bonvoy members who wish to enjoy the benefits of United MileagePlus Premier Silver status must register and be confirmed through the RewardsPlus program at getrewardsplus.com. To enjoy Premier Silver benefits, members must enter their MileagePlus number when booking flights with United.
17. Can MileagePlus members who are Premier Gold or higher use their MileagePlus membership cards at Marriott hotels to enjoy the benefits of Gold Elite status?
No. Eligible United MileagePlus members who wish to enjoy the benefits of Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status must register and be confirmed through the RewardsPlus program at united.com/rewardsplus. To enjoy Gold Elite benefits, members must enter their Marriott Bonvoy number when booking stays with Marriott.
18. What hotel brands are in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio?
Marriott features the largest portfolio of award-winning hotel brands in the industry with more than 6,700 hotels. Marriott brands are The Ritz-Carlton®, JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection®, Gaylord Hotels®, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Marriott Hotels® (includes Marriott Convention Centers), Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield by Marriott®, Marriott Vacation Club®, MOXY® Hotels, Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Delta Hotels by Marriott™, Aloft®, Element by Westin®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Le Meridien®, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, St. Regis®, Tribute Portfolio®, W® Hotels, Westin®, Design Hotels™ and Marriott Executive Apartments®.
19. Will MileagePlus still partner with other hotel programs?
Yes. MileagePlus values all of its hotel partners and will continue to offer the option to earn miles for hotel stays or to transfer hotel points into MileagePlus miles. Learn more at united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/earn-miles/hotel-partners.html.
20. In addition to status benefits, what are the other “points and miles” benefits provided by RewardsPlus, and how do they work?
- All members can receive a 10% bonus of MileagePlus miles when they convert Marriott Bonvoy points into MileagePlus award miles on top of the miles they converted. Plus, for every 60,000 points converted, members receive an additional 5,000 bonus miles (automatically converted from a 15,000 points bonus).
- MileagePlus Premier members can convert MileagePlus award miles into points at a ratio of 1 mile to 1 point (maximum of 50,000 miles per member per year).
Registration is not required for the points and miles benefits offered by RewardsPlus, but customers must be members of United MileagePlus and Marriott Bonvoy.
How do I pair my Bonvoy and United? ›
Click the “Join RewardsPlus” link to begin the process. You'll be prompted to log in to your Marriott Bonvoy account. Then enter your United MileagePlus account number to link your accounts. The confirmation page says it will take seven to 10 days for your elite benefits to be effective.How do I get silver status on United with Marriott? ›
Eligible Marriott Bonvoy members who wish to enjoy the benefits of United MileagePlus Premier Silver status must register and be confirmed through the RewardsPlus program at getrewardsplus.com. To enjoy Premier Silver benefits, members must enter their MileagePlus number when booking flights with United.How many Bonvoy points do you need to get a free room? ›
One of the most notable perks of carrying the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card or the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card is the annual free night award, which is worth 35,000 points. The free night award provides a lot of flexibility for award travel.Are Marriott and United linked? ›
Marriott Bonvoy® and United MileagePlus® have teamed up to make your travel experiences even more rewarding.Does Marriott Bonvoy status match? ›
While Marriott Bonvoy doesn't offer a status match to other hotel loyalty program elite status, it does have a RewardsPlus partnership program with United Airlines and matches United Premier Gold members (and higher) to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status. You can register here.Is it hard to get united silver? ›
To earn the base level Silver Premier status, you'll need to earn 12 PQFs and 4,000 PQP or 5,000 PQP. In addition, you'll need to fly at least 4 flight segments on United or United Express.How to get PQP United without flying? ›
If you're unable to take a flight, try earning PQPs by spending on eligible United credit cards. The type of United credit card you have determines how much you'll need to spend to get a PQP boost and the number of PQPs you'll earn.How do I get 1K status on United? ›
You must fly 54 PQF and earn 18,000 PQP or earn 24,000 PQP, exclusive of Flex PQP in order to qualify for Premier 1K status.How many nights do you need for a free night at Bonvoy? ›
For every Five Consecutive Nights you redeem (pay with Marriott Bonvoy® Points), you will receive the lowest Point-value Night free. Your stay must be Five Consecutive Nights at the same Hotel.How many points do I need for a free night at a hotel? ›
Free nights can be redeemed for as few as 5,000 Points per night and no more than 95,000 Points per night for a standard room. Select properties with specialty accommodations may require up to 120,000 Points per night for a standard room.
How many nights is 100000 Bonvoy points? ›
Marriott Bonvoy's 100,000-Point Welcome Offer Means Up to 13 Free Nights at a Hotel. The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless is a great card for those who want to turn day-to-day expenses like groceries and gas into free hotel stays. Condé Nast Traveler has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products.Is United Premier 1K worth it? ›
The bottom line
If you're a frequent United flyer, becoming a Premier 1K member may be a good idea for you. Although it's costly, the benefits you'll receive are expansive. These include complimentary upgrades, free checked baggage, Marriott elite status and more.
If your Marriott Bonvoy® Account does not have Qualifying Activity for 24 Consecutive Months, your Marriott Bonvoy® Points will expire: If a Member does not maintain an active status for five (5) consecutive years, the Member's Account may be deactivated.Can you transfer points to United? ›
You can transfer Chase points to United and several other travel partners, plus you can redeem them for all kinds of travel purchases in the Ultimate Rewards travel portal. You can only redeem United miles with the airline.What is the fastest way to get Marriott elite status? ›
There are two ways to earn Bonvoy status: by staying at Marriott properties and collecting enough eligible nights, or by holding a Marriott credit card.Can you lose Marriott elite status? ›
How long does Marriott Bonvoy status last? Elite status is valid in the year in which it's earned and an additional 14 months after that year. For example, if you earn elite status in November 2020, the status that you earn is valid until February 28, 2022.Can my wife use my Bonvoy account? ›
Can I share my Marriott Bonvoy® Account? No, Marriott Bonvoy® is an individual membership. Marriott Bonvoy® Memberships can not include other individuals, including family members.How many nights is 50000 Bonvoy points? ›
Marriott's Category 1 properties cost 5,000 points per night for off-peak redemptions. So 50,000 points nets 10 nights, plus two free nights (one for every four consecutively booked days), yielding an almost two-week stay.What is a good exchange rate for Bonvoy points? ›
We found the average value of Marriott's luxury properties to be 0.77 cents per Bonvoy point. Based on data collected in July 2022, this is the most valuable category for redemptions with your Marriott points.What credit score is needed for United? ›
For a solid chance of an approval when you apply for the United℠ Explorer Card, we recommend having a FICO® Score of 670 or above.
Is buying United status worth it? ›
In light of the limited additional benefits, we don't recommend that most flyers purchase Premier Platinum status. This is especially true if your targeted offer is in the $2,000-plus range — while the PlusPoints and higher upgrade priority are nice, they're unlikely to offset the buy-up cost.Does United silver status get lounge access? ›
However, it is not as robust as Star Alliance Gold, and it lacks popular perks like access to member lounges when flying internationally. Its only real benefits are priority waitlisting for reservations and airport standby.Does buying miles count as PQP? ›
Miles purchased do not count toward Premier® qualifying points (PQP), Premier qualifying flights (PQF) or lifetime miles. Miles will credit to your MileagePlus account within 24 hours of purchase.How many PQP will I earn per flight? ›
Premier qualifying points
If you're traveling on a United-issued standard or basic economy ticket, all customers (including those with Premier status) earn 1 PQP per $1 spent on base airfare and carrier-imposed surcharges. You can also earn PQPs on Preferred and Economy Plus seating and paid cabin upgrades.
1, you'll earn PQPs from MileagePlus award flights operated by United and United Express. You'll earn 1 PQP for every 100 miles redeemed and 1 Premier qualifying flight for every flight taken.What is the fastest way to get status on United? ›
Spend more on United: The fastest way to earn elite status is to buy more expensive tickets. As seen in the example above, the business/first class flight earns 698 PQP compared to only 128 PQP for the basic economy fare.Is United 1K for life? ›
Super-frequent flyers can earn United 1K for life. All you need to do is earn 3 million miles through the United Million Miler program. Then, elevate to United Global Services for life by hitting 4 million miles.How do I skip waitlist on United? ›
Option 2. Add Skip Waitlist to a flight you've already booked by viewing it in My Trips and selecting “Upgrade”. If the flight is Skip Waitlist-eligible, you'll see it as an available option.How do I link my Marriott account? ›
- Click on the “Linked Cards” tab.
- Enter the card number you'd like to add then click “Link card.”
If you forgot to enter your member number at the time of booking (or you recently joined Marriott Bonvoy) use the “Find My Reservation” feature and “add to profile.”
Can Bonvoy certificates be combined? ›
Along with the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program, which offers perks such as your fifth night free on award stays, Marriott provides an ability to combine different payment methods into a single booking. This is more than just convenient — doing so can save you a lot of time and money.How do I get United Elite status? ›
United Elite Status Qualifications
To qualify for United elite status you'll need to earn a minimum number of PQP and PQF or a higher number of PQP. For either option, a minimum of 4 segments must be flown on United Airlines or United Express.
Can I share my Marriott Bonvoy® Account? No, Marriott Bonvoy® is an individual membership. Marriott Bonvoy® Memberships can not include other individuals, including family members.Can my wife use my Marriott free night certificate? ›
No, a Free Night Anniversary Award issued by Marriott Bonvoy® Partner Credit Cards cannot be transferred or gifted to another Guest, They can only be used by the Member. A Free Night Award is for the Account Holder's primary use. A Free Night Award cannot be transferred from one Member to another.Can my wife use my Marriott Rewards number? ›
You can only use your Marriott Bonvoy® Points to Gift an Award Redemption Reservation to another Guest. You cannot use a Free Night Award Certificate to book a Room for another Guest.Can I get Bonvoy points if I book through hotels? ›
However, you'll need to book directly with Marriott to earn points for a stay. Stays that don't earn points include rooms booked through online travel agencies (like Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline), as part of an event, through a tour operator or as a comped stay.Do Marriott Bonvoy points expire? ›
If your Marriott Bonvoy® Account does not have Qualifying Activity for 24 Consecutive Months, your Marriott Bonvoy® Points will expire: If a Member does not maintain an active status for five (5) consecutive years, the Member's Account may be deactivated.Can I transfer Marriott points to my wife? ›
You can transfer your Marriott Bonvoy® Points to another Member's Account, but only by contacting us via phone directly (To contact us, please visit our Customer Support Page for a number closest to your location).Can I use Marriott certificate and points at the same time? ›
Your e-certificate may not be combined with cash or other Marriott Bonvoy points when redeeming for your free night, and may not be transferred, extended beyond expiration date, or re-credited for points. Each Anniversary Free Night Award issued will have an expiration of 12 months.What is the average points needed for Marriott free night? ›
You need anywhere from 5,000 to 70,000 Marriott Bonvoy points for a free night at Residence Inn. There are roughly 900 Residence Inn locations worldwide, and the points needed for a free night vary by hotel category and the season. Most locations fall into categories 3 and 4.
How much is 50000 Marriott points worth? ›
, 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points are worth about $350. How much are 80,000 Marriott Bonvoy points worth? , 80,000 Marriott Bonvoy points are worth about $560.Can I buy 1K status on United? ›
All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status. All PQP earned on eligible card spend can be applied up to Platinum. For program year 2023, the card-earned PQP can be applied to 1K status if the Cardmember meets the PQF requirement for 1K.Is United status worth it? ›
Airline elite status ratings in 2023
Ratings are on a five-point scale, based on the value and cost to earn each elite tier. Even so, United gives a comparably low value or return on dollars spent to earn status. You'll earn roughly 5 cents per dollar in value compared to ~10 cents offered by Frontier and Alaska.